Can a preference for a certain cake type reveal much about somebodies personality?
- A male admitting a liking of a lemon drizzle cake apparently reveals he is in touch with his feminine side - I think it may have been the choice of words "fluffly", "light" and "delightful" when describing the ideal lemon drizzle cake more than the actual choice of cake itself.
- A passion for a fruit cake can uncover a great deal about somebodies true age. Seemingly fruit cake is more desirable as a person ages because lack of teeth does not become an obstacle to mashing down a soggy fruit cake. It must be noted though that these comments were aimed at a very age conscious bloke on the verge of a mid-life crisis!
- If you like ginger cake - this can be taken as an obvious sign of your hair colour!
- Carrot cake - again, it's quite obvious if this is your cake of choice then you are a red-head.
- If you're partial to fudge cake - this can be taken as a sign of your sexual orientation, but only is the fudge is packed in a box
After consideration of these comments, I decided not to draw conclusions about a person from the type of cake they choose to eat, but rather chose a cake that touches on one aspect of that personality!
I took this as a challenge to bake and design individual cakes to suit the various personalities of the team I work with.
First up - I did bake a lemon drizzle cake. This was for the guy who is in touch with his feminine side and not afraid to admit it. Using words such a light and fluffy doesn't make him less of a man! This also reflects his competitive side as he can be a bit of a "sour" puss with a face like someone who just sucked on a lemon when he doesn't get his way!!
Secondly, I baked some blueberry muffins. Rather than a soggy old fruit cake - I felt this was a younger, "hipper" alternative for the age conscious fruit cake lover. It still has fruit, but the lack of sogginess meant that teeth were in fact a requirement for eating this cake! Hopefully, this will
Two cakes were the extent of my creative efforts that night!
Stay tuned for more individual personality cakes!