CiCi's cupcakes

CiCi's cupcakes Recipe:
12 oz flour
1 cup imagination
Endless creativity
Welcome and enjoy my Blog :)

Friday, February 10, 2012

Christmas Cupcakes

Christmas time affords a cupcake designer maximum creative control.
Snowmen with cute little sugar scarves and rolled icing top hats...
Santas faces carved from marzipan decorated with fluffy white icing beards and tasty santa hats...
Christmas trees embellished with sugary sparlkley delights and dusted with a fresh spinkly of icing powder snow...

I designed and decorated them all this year!

The cakes themselves were a basic triple chocolate (my favourite!). Ingredient preparation, mixing and oven time was minimal. Decorating took approximately 6 hours.. but the result was worth all the effort! They were definitely my most impressive output to date and unfortunately I didn't think to capture the beauties on camera.

So instead of providing the photographic evidence, I will attempt to describe the delight and joy of the cupcake recipients - my new work colleagues. I introduced my workmates to my love of baking during our annual Kris Kringle. The looks of disbelief on their faces when I presented my home baked delights was a better gift than the lovely Cow Slippers my Secret Santa bought for me. They were thoroughly shocked and it took several attempts to convince them that I genuinely did make them myself!! Their faces and smiles were worth it :)

The cupcakes were washed down with plenty of tea and coffee as we unwrapped gifts ranging from blow up boyfriends, shovels, and disco-balls. And after second helpings we all left the canteen satisfied and smiling.

Another days baking done :)


No comments:

Post a Comment