CiCi's cupcakes

CiCi's cupcakes Recipe:
12 oz flour
1 cup imagination
Endless creativity
Welcome and enjoy my Blog :)

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Trick Or Treat??


Trick or treat? This year treat......

I LOVE Halloween! It's the one time of year you I get to be super creative and its an excuse to buy some outrageous fabrics, get the sewing machine out, pull on the creative hat and work your magic pulling together an awesome costume!! I love home-made costumes as you can guarantee nobody will have the same as you and I always love the reaction I get when telling people "Yes I made it myself!!".

So my first Halloween in Switzerland didn't have the same excitement. No party means no requirement for costume! So I decided to put my creative skills to some good use and make some goulish Halloween cupcakes instead. 


As I knew the decoration would take hours, I was quite lazy and made two varities - vanilla and chocolate. I took a trip to sweet shop in Metalli where I put my creative vision to the test when deciding which sweeties to buy! Think strings of liquorish for spiders legs, green and red jelly beans for evil looking eyes and some coloured marzipan to mould some spooky shapes!!

While the cupcakes cooled, I got decorating. There were  some centipedes on display, some marzipan witches, headstones with chocolate writing and a wide selection of horrific looking characters.

I brought them to work on Monday morning and the reaction was just as exciting as telling people about my homemade costumes and I got an even bigger buzz when I explained to people "Yes I made them myself!".







Happy Halloween!!!
Ciara x

No comments:

Post a Comment